Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Touche.

I was actually inspired by the lady in the "quote of the day" box to the right of this sad, sad blog.
Since it won't be around for long, twenty four hours to be exact, here it is: "To do common things perfectly is far better worth our endeavor than to do uncommon things respectably". However, I still feel the need to pat myself on the back for some of the things I keep on doing, no matter how bad I am at them.

Guitar. I've been playing the guitar for a number of years, and I know that I'll keep on playing for many years to come.

Skateboarding. If it's the one thing I'd do for the rest of my life, it'd be skateboarding. Even if I can't land a god damn kickflip after so many years.

Gaming. Shit, I've been doing this ever since I was a kid. It was the damn SEGA Genesis that started it all. As long as it's reasonably affordable, I won't put the controller down.

Songwriting. I haven't been doing it for the longest time, maybe a couple of years, yet no matter how bad my lyrical skills are, no matter how bad I sing, I like doing it. Hopefully I can get somewhat better as time goes by.

Still though, are these common things, or uncommon things?
You know, cause that quote got me thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment