Friday, April 10, 2009

Rythm guitar, anyone?

Not quite sure what to talk about, so many things happen, and I keep on forgetting them until a very inappropriate moment. For one, I figured that when I graduate from college, starting a band would be really, really difficult, so I told one of my friends from class to ask around and see if there was anyone out there who would need a second guitarist, or someone that would be willing to start a band. There's another kid living here at the dorms who I know is in a band, and if I get the chance to talk to him, I'll make sure to ask him for the same favor.
I recently found out my greatest weakness in songwriting today. It's finding a melody that's the hardest, so for the past twenty minutes I've just been singing random words and whatnot, trying to escape the static-ness of my melodies. Also, I played the shit out of my guitar today! I don't think I've played for that long in a while. All I did today was learn about major scales, and how they're used in songs. It's actually pretty cool to see that the bands I idolize use these scales so much! I've actually been able to dissect a couple of songs, just to prove to myself that they're just human, and that even I could, one day, write something as good as them.

And now, for a health issue. My leg has been healing up pretty well, and hopefully, I'll be back on my board by next week. My muscle relaxants have one more day in them I think, so once they're done I'll start doing some basic stretches. That way, my muscles won't be in such a deteriorated state when I go out skating again.
You know, cause I sat on my ass all winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment