Saturday, April 25, 2009

La la la.

I'd like to start off with something witty, or something remotely interesting. Sadly, that I cannot do. I was smoking outside today, and was just singing whatever came to my mind. I thought that it'd be a cool thing to do, in order to become attuned with myself, melodically speaking. I guess it worked in a way, I just think that I'm still too static when it comes to finding a melody. It all sounds the same. Hopefully, as time goes by, I'll get better at it.
For some reason, I think I'm starting to like poetry. I think it's because that's what songwriting really is, poetry with a melody. Maybe I'm wrong but I read a couple of lines from a T.S Eliot poem, and I found myself trying to put a melody to it. It's a big possibility that I'm going to start reading poetry from now on.
I've been going to bed at the wrong hours lately, and I'm getting pissed at that. I hate being off program, it derails my entire day. Ugh, it's all good though, the semester's almost over, so I think that I can get some more sleep if really needed it. As long as I don't start sleeping at five a.m. again.
You know, cause I did that for almost two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment